STEAM & Families
Barcelona Activa participates, through Cibernàrium, in the STEAM plan for the promotion of scientific and technological vocations with its own activities and in collaboration with third parties.
The main objective of the plan - which has the main support of the Barcelona Education Consortium - is to promote scientific and technological skills and vocations with a gender perspective among the entire educational community: primary and secondary students, teachers, and families, to influence the increase in employment in these disciplines in the long term.
Currently, there are more jobs in the scientific and technological fields than people trained in these professional profiles. In addition, these are very masculinized sectors, with little presence of women. To provide a solution to these situations, several activities are proposed:
- - Training for teachers, workshops for families, courses for students.
- - They are offered in different parts of the city: schools, libraries, universities, or Athenaeums of Digital Manufacturing, etc.
Currently, the projects of Barcelona Activa can be divided into:
- 1) Collaborations with third parties such as the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), the Open Data Office of Barcelona City Council and the University of Deusto.
- 2) Cibernàrium's own activities and projects such as:
- - Estiu TIC - training in digital skills for teachers (June and July)
- - Digital skills for families: activities to improve the basic technological skills that families, and especially parents, must have to give good educational support to their children, and provide them with a guide for use critical and secure Internet.
- - EstàsON in collaboration with Biblioteques de Barcelona: a whole set of experimental workshops whose main objective is to arouse interest and curiosity in the scientific and technological field through playful learning. In the different workshops, children can get closer to the various STEAM disciplines through experimentation and play.
- - Digital manufacturing workshops at the Digital Manufacturing Athenaeums. (coming soon)