Illustrator for beginners
Need to learn how to work with Illustrator from scratch? This is a hands-on activity where we will work with basic Illustrator tools to create a basic vector design. We will learn to understand and control the basic tools that allow us to make basic designs: Configure the Interface, from Illustrator; Design and edit vector objects; Transform, align and combine vector objects; Align vector objects (Layers, groups and subgroups); Edit texts; Export successfully. (Final art).
Specific goals | Temary
IMPORTANT: To take advantage of the activity, it is recommended to have prior knowledge of Illustrator and vector design or to have previously completed the Illustrator capsule for beginners or the Illustrator online courses.
Explain the Illustrator interface and how to configure it correctly.
Explain the basic theory of vectors and color modes.
Practice the theoretical and practical concepts related to the editing of vector objects (design of logos and vector images).
Learn to make basic level flyers and/or banners.
Learn Illustrator workflows, as well as the different techniques to export correctly (print and web).
1. What is Illustrator?
- The interface: visualization, appearance, samples.
- The toolbox and options.
- Color profiles (RGB and CMYK) and Illustrator preferences.
2. Draw with the pen and vector objects
- The use of the pen and options.
- Default objects and options.
3. Design of logos and vector images
- Work with the transformation, alignment and combination tools of vector objects.
- The use of groups and layers.
4. Design and composition of basic level flyers and/or banners
- Use of layers to design advertising pieces.
- Import and crop bitmap images.
- The text tools.
5. Workflows and preparation of files for print and web
- File types: AI, EPS, PDF, SVG, JPEG, PNG.
Mon 08/01/24 (16:00-19:00h)
Tue 09/01/24 (16:00-19:00h)
Wed 07/02/24 (15:30-18:30h)
Thu 08/02/24 (15:30-18:30h)
IMPORTANT: In the event that the format is virtual streaming, it will be done through the free Microsoft Teams platform. Registrants will receive an invitation link and access instructions by email prior to the start of the session.
>> Entry to the classroom will not be allowed after 15 minutes, once the activity has started.
>> The language in which each session is given is reported in the description of each activity.
>> Any of Cibernàrium's training actions can be recorded through a system
of capturing images whose purpose is their subsequent dissemination through a medium or support
in the scope of Barcelona Activa's mission to contribute to economic promotion and employment.
In the recording process, images of the attendees may eventually be recorded
formation. Registration for Cibernàrium activities implies the authorization to Barcelona Activa of
make use of these images for the above purpose.
Lesson taught by
There is a new version of Personal Information Protection law.
Please, accept it before continuing the registration.